To develop a critical awareness of current factors required for leading and managing people effectively for sustained organisational economic performance, competitiveness and prosperity.
Your Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has just returned from a conference where h/she attended a presentation on engagement. The speakers, from a variety of organisations in the public and private sector, presented case studies detailing the organisational benefits that they had received from the engagement strategies that they had introduced. Although each speaker seemed credible, it appeared that what was meant by the term engagement differed from speaker to speaker. Furthermore, each organisation seemed to measure engagement in a different way and report different outcomes.
Although still very interested in how engagement can benefit your organisation, your CEO has asked you to undertake some research in order to understand what engagement is and whether it really does have the reported benefits of improving performance. H/she would like to know more about what the organisation can do to change levels of engagement.
Within Petroleum Development Oman (PDO), draw on relevant research evidence and organisational practice to produce a short report of approximately 1,400 words addressed to Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer:
1. Critically explore and explain the differences between employee engagement, nonengagement and disengagement.
2. Critically analyse how each of these areas are manifested in the organisation and how they are managed to ensure a contribution to organisational performance.
3. Makes recommendations for changes in the organisation to achieve high levels of employee engagement in organisation.
Structure of the Report:
- Introduction: (100 words)
- Literature Review: around (500 words)
- Discussion: around (500 words)
- Conclusions and recommendations: (300 words)
*** Word count: 1400 words.
*** In-Text citation and references using Harvard style.
*** It’s mandatory to cite those Attachments and it’s has been uploaded named: “Human Resource” and “Organizational Behavior”
*** I’ve also upload zip file named “Materials” related to this work.