a library-assisted research report for Canadian tirec (6 pages)
Students will prepare a library-assisted research report on an organization that they would like to work for post-graduation. In your own words, please include:
Background: (no more than one-third of paper)
- A brief history of the organization
- Its mission, products, services
- Basic information, such as its market share, competitive position, employee mix (please include at least two “visuals”)
- The key challenges that the organization faces and how it plans to meet those challenges
- Your sense of the organization’s values and “culture,” indicating the basis for your analysis (use the questions and material in our textbook in your analysis)
- If relevant, what makes this organization successful—or even outstanding—in its field (in your view)
- Why you initially chose this organization
- Whether, after having completed your research, you still think it is an organization that you would like to work for when you graduate (please explain your reasons)
- Identify five key questions that you would ask the head of Human Resources in this organization, if you were fortunate enough to land an interview with their HR Department
Analysis: (a least two-thirds of the research paper)
The report should be five to six pages of text and must include illustrations, charts, etc., as necessary.
A “References” page with at least five sources must be included. All quotations, etc., must be properly referenced. Papers without in-text citations or a “References” page will not be marked.
Tips And Hints
Again, please begin this assignment well in advance so that you have time to gather your information and prepare at least two drafts. Be sure to keep track of all materials researched, including websites, as you complete the research.
Modules 15 – 18 in our textbook. For an additional APA resource, go to Humber Library website
http://library.humber.ca/ (See “APA in Minutes”).