- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
1. Brell Corporation manufactures umbrellas. The cloth used in one umbrella costs $ 15. The corporation rents a manufacturing factory for a monthly rent of $ 275. Prepare a table showing the Total Fixed Cost, Total Variable cost, Total Cost and Average Fixed Cost, Average Variable Cost, and Average Cost for three different levels of production. (No. of units at three different levels can be chosen by you).
2. A supplier sells company B raw materials at $ 10/unit for the first 500 units, $ 9/unit for the second 500 units and at $8.5/unit for more than 1000 units.
Which type of cost behavior you have in this case? Explain with graphical representation.
3. Ibrahim Corporation manufactures product A.Following is information for next year’s operations, based on an estimated volume of 40,000 units:
Fixed manufacturing overhead3
Other fixed costs:
Administration, marketing, etc.$230,000
Income tax rate30%
a.What is the breakeven point for next year?
b.What is next year’s projected after-tax income?
c.Chose a target after-tax income.Estimate the number of units that must be sold to reach this target.