Aggression and Violence psychology homework help
Aggression and Violence
Aggression is, â€œan act or behavior that intentionally hurts another person, either physically or psychologicallyâ€ (Matsumoto & Juang, 2008, p. 389). While some expressions of aggression are universal, cross-cultural differences exist in the type and level of aggression that are considered to be legally or socially sanctioned. There have been multiple reasons proposed by theorists to explain these cultural differences in the type (verbal, physical, etc.) and level of aggression expressed across cultures.
1. Select a culture and consider how this culture expresses aggression
2. Provide a brief description of the culture you selected.
3. Provide an example of a behavior that may be perceived as aggressive by culture you selected and explain why.
4. Provide an example of a behavior that may be perceived as aggressive across most cultures and explain why.
5. Explain how socially sanctioned violence is acceptable within certain cultures.
Support your responses using evidenced based current literature.