- (10 points)The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) was created in the historic Civil Rights Act of 1964. An independent federal agency, the EEOC eeoc.gov (Links to an external site.) is responsible for enforcing most of the EEO laws. The EEOC has three major responsibilities: investigating and resolving discrimination complaints, gathering information, and issuing guidelines.
Explore this informative Website and gather information to respond to the following questions.
- A. What appears to be the trend from 1997 – 2017 in national Charge Statistics? See https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/statistics/enforcement/index.cfm (Links to an external site.) Can you explain this trend?
- B. Identify the three distinct types of discrimination charges most frequently filed nationally in FY 2017? DO NOT include retaliation charges
Now look at the chart for Discrimination charges by state for FY 2017.
- C. What two states had the most discrimination charges?
- D. How many charges in 2017 for each of those two states? (excluding retaliation charges)
- E. Do these two states’ discrimination charges reflect the national statistics by type of discrimination charge? Explain.
- (5 points) What are unfair labor practices? Provide 5 examples that the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) lists as unfair practices by employers (Chapter 12).
DO NOT copy or repeat my questions or the prompts in your response, just answer each question