OVERVIEW: Create a 2-3 page project summary that describes your chosen organization, a business problem or opportunity, the kind of data you will need, and how your topic allows you to demonstrate the program outcomes.
RESOURCES: Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Lexis Nexis, IBIS, et cetera.
Write a 2–3 page paper, in an academic writing style, that details the topic and scope of your capstone project. Your project summary should be clear and concise yet thorough enough for faculty to provide feedback and guidance. Your project summary should be well organized and include the following sections:
- Describe the background of your chosen organization.
- Provide a brief background of your selected organization. For instance, discuss its product lines, number of years in business, organization structure, location, et cetera.
- If you choose an organization for which you work, your introduction must include a statement that you received permission to use the company from a supervisor.
- NOTE: Do NOT use one of the following organizations;
- Describe a business topic, problem, or opportunity that you intend to research.
- Describe the problem or opportunity you see that makes this company a good choice.
- Explain the scope of your project by clearly identifying the topics or areas you intend to research.
- Explain the level of accessibility to data necessary to examine the chosen business topic, problem, or opportunity.
- Address how you will go about obtaining the data.
- Identify any special requirements that you might need to meet to access the data you will need.
- Explain risks you think will be encountered and the mitigation plan to manage those risks.
- Explain how your topic will allow you to showcase your leadership ability by demonstrating each MBA program outcome.
- List out each program outcome clearly, and then explain in 3–4 sentences how your topic will allow you to demonstrate each. The MBA program outcomes are listed in the MBA Capstone Project Description.
- Identify specific items of your project summary that you believe demonstrates the outcome.
- Wrap up your paper with a clear, concise conclusion that summarizes your plan. Just a couple sentences is fine.
- Your project summary should have these sections:
Proctor & Gamble.
• Johnson & Johnson.
• Harley-Davidson Motor Company.
• The Coca-Cola Company.
• Apple Inc.
• Starbucks Coffee Company.
• Toyota Motor Corporation.
• Target Corporation.
• McDonald’s Corp.
• Burger King.
• Ford Motor Company
- Statement of scope.
- Demonstration of outcomes.
- Style: Your paper should follow the corresponding MBA Academic and Professional Document guidelines (available in the MBA Program Resources) for academic style. It should be double spaced, use subheadings, and be well organized and well written.
- Communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message and quality.
- APA guidelines: Format your paper according to current APA style and formatting.
- Resources: At least one resource should be a scholarly article or other content found in the library, and one should be from the Wall Street Journal. If using Internet sources, evaluate them appropriately to make sure they are credible resources.
- Length: Your paper should be between 2–3 pages.
- Font and font size: Use 12 point, Times New Roman.