Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references must come from James, R. K., & Gilliland, B. E. (2017). I have attached several documents and I have included some of my answers but I need you to elaborate. It has to be at least one page. Please follow the instructions. I need this completed by 09/01/18 at 6pm.
Journal Assignment: Self-Care
For this Assignment, you will complete a Self-Care Assessment. After you have completed the assessment, you will self-score and record your results for your journal, reflecting on any insights you gained from the self-assessment, what areas you might need to address to protect yourself from burnout, and what self-care strategies you may want to consider for yourself.
· Review the Roles, Responsibilities, and Self-Care of Crisis Responders video found in the Learning Resources for this week and consider the specific self-care perspectives and other considerations discussed.
· Review and download the Self-Care Assessment Worksheet found in the Learning Resources for this week.
· Complete the Self-Care Assessment to evaluate the physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, and workplace/professional areas of your life. Follow the directions as provided. Save your results for this Journal Assignment.
· Review and download the Professional Quality of Life Scale (ProQOL): Compassion Satisfaction and Compassion Fatigue self-assessment found in the Learning Resources for this week.
· Complete the Professional Quality of Life Scale (ProQOL): Compassion Satisfaction and Compassion Fatigue self-assessment to identify your compassion satisfaction, burnout, and secondary traumatic stress scores. Follow the directions as provided. Save your results for this Journal Assignment.
In your journal, address the following questions:
· As you reflect on your self-care assessment results, what key findings or insights did you uncover? I realize that I don’t take care of myself physically. I don’t really feel up to doing anything and that could be because I don’t get enough sleep. Psychologically I need to use more techniques to help de-stress. Emotionally I feel like I have disconnected from others and myself. I feel that spiritually I do more of these techniques than any of the other areas because I believe God is the only person I have. I realized that if I don’t balance my workload then I am going to get burned out.
· What areas do you want to highlight or address to protect your wellness?
· What self-care strategies will you use to maintain your wellness as a professional counselor? Physical care-get more sleep. Psychological care-say no to extra responsibilities. Emotionally-allow myself to cry. Spiritually-be aware of nonmaterial aspects of life. Work-balance my workload so the load can be even day by day.
James, R. K., & Gilliland, B. E. (2017). Crisis intervention strategies (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 16, “Human Services Workers in Crisis: Burnout, Vicarious Traumatization, and Compassion Fatigue”
American Counseling Association. (2002). Self-care assessment worksheet. Retrieved from http://www.creating-joy.com/taskforce/tf_wellness_strategies.htm
Stamm, B. H. (2009). Professional quality of life scale (ProQOL): Compassion satisfaction and compassion fatigue (ProQOL) version 5. Retrieved from http://www.proqol.org/ProQol_Test.html
Crisis Response Portfolio Examples