Describe the process or procedure you have chosen and why you think it needs change.
Describe the process or procedure you have chosen and why you think it needs change. A. Select a perioperative procedure (e.g., routine shaving of the surgical site) that you would commonly find on a surgical floor.
1. Describe the process or procedure you have chosen and why you think it needs change.
2. Based on your initial investigation of the situation, do the following:
a. Explain who determined the basis for the practice.
b. Explain the rationale for making the decision for the procedure.
c. Explain why the practice is performed this way.
3. Conduct a review of the literature concerning the procedure you have chosen.
a. Provide an APA-formatted reference list documenting at least five sources used in your review.
4. Explain what the clinical implications of this practice might be, based on your review of the literature.
5. Discuss whether the procedure could be done better, more efficiently, or more cost-effectively.
6. Discuss how you would involve key stakeholders in the decision to change this procedure or comply with a proposed change.
B. Write an essay in which you:
1. Discuss the difficulties in translating what you have identified in the research into practice.
2. Discuss the possible barriers you could encounter in attempting to institute a change in procedure, based on your evidence-based study.
3. Identify at least two strategies that you and your team could use to overcome these barriers to change.
4. Explain how you can apply your findings to guide the implementation of improvements to the procedure.
The post Describe the process or procedure you have chosen and why you think it needs change. appeared first on nursing term paper.