Career Development Plan
The purpose of this Assignment is for you to develop a Career Development Plan that serves as a focus for graduate-school work as well as for your future career planning. The career development plan is designed for submission in two segments (Unit 6 and Unit 9):
Career Development Plan – Part I
In paragraph form please address the following points. Please note – each paragraph needs to be at least five sentences in length:
- Begin with an introductory paragraph that identifies the purpose of the assignment and provides the reader with an overview of your personal, educational, and professional life.
- Provide a description of your current position. What elements of your job do you especially enjoy? What elements do you find challenging? If you are currently unemployed, refer to a previous position.
- Provide a discussion of personal skills addressing integrity, work ethic, professionalism, adaptability, and self-motivation as it pertains to your current position supported with at least one scholarly source. If you are currently unemployed, refer to previous position.
- Provide a discussion of technical skills addressing technology, job specific skills, safety, and professional development as it pertains to your current position supported with at least one scholarly source. If you are currently unemployed, refer to previous position.
- Provide a discussion of workplace skills addressing communication, reasoning, teamwork, diversity awareness, and leadership supported with at least one scholarly source. If you are currently unemployed, refer to previous position.
- Describe a nursing position to which you aspire. Some areas that could be considered for a master’s-prepared nurse include a nurse educator, a nurse administrator, a nurse practitioner, or a position in nursing informatics supported with one scholarly source.
- Provide a concluding paragraph.
To receive full credit, your paper must include the following elements of APA style (as shown in the APA book and online resources):
- A title page: Apply the APA Template located under Course Home
- Double spacing
- One-inch margins
- A separate heading for each aspect of the paper as listed above (with the exception of the introduction – this paragraph does not require a heading);
- A reference list with at least four sources in APA format (each reference must also be cited correctly within the body of your paper).
- Your paper must be composed using Microsoft Word and must be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12.