Choose one of the following topics and write a 1,400-1600 word paper summarizing the current professional literature on the topic. Many of these topics are broad and you may choose to focus your research on a more specific area of the topic, such as children showing resiliency when dealing with divorce. With instructor approval, you may select a topic that is not on the list below.
- Resiliency in children
- Gender differences in infancy and childhood
- Effects of day care
- Attachment styles
- Causes and effects of child abuse and neglect
- Effects of divorce on children
- Prenatal influences
- Prematurity, medical interventions, and long-term outcomes
- Pros and cons of grade retention
- Language development
- Media influences on children
- Influences on school readiness
- Bullying causes, preventions, and interventions
- Development of creativity
- Sex differences in mental abilities
- Effects of parental death on children
- Emerging adulthood
- Gender differences concerning aging
- Midlife crisis
- Adapting to life changes during adulthood
- Developmental issues related to nontraditional families
- Caring for aging parents
- Victimization of the elderly
- Death with dignity
- Right to die
Required-at least four references from professional peer-reviewed journals.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.