Explain leadership theory and critically examine ideas of leadership in relation to the role of the nurse and the nursing profession, including the provision of safe and quality person- centred care.
Assessment name: Group Digital Presentation
Learning outcomes measured: 1. Explain leadership theory and critically examine ideas of leadership in relation to the role of the nurse and the nursing profession, including the provision of safe and quality person- centred care.3. Analyse contemporary health care environments to explain key leadership challenges for the future of nursing—including global health challenges and the impact of digital health, health technology and health informatics on health care.
Length: 15 minute presentation and online activity
Estimated time to complete task: You will need to plan group work each week until the due date, beyond time allocated during workshops.
How will I be assessed: 7 point grading scale using a rubric
Due date: Submitted on your NSB104 Blackboard site by Wednesday 12 midday of allocated week (7, 8 or 9).
Task description: This assessment challenges you as a group to put the leading and learning concepts practised in class into action:Create a dynamic audiovisual presentation and engaging online learning activity, leading your tutorial group to explore the allocated weekly topic.
Each weekly topic builds on the theme of creating person- centred workplace cultures. Drawing on the Person-centred Practice Framework (McCormack & McCance, 2017), you will examine how to create the conditions for person-centred outcomes for patients, staff, teams and organisations.
Each topic focuses on key contributors to person-centred healthcare cultures at different levels:
· Week 7: Prerequisites of healthcare professionals – which focuses on the skills and capabilities of the RN
· Week 8: The care environment – which focuses on the context in which care is delivered
· Week 9: Person-centred care processes – which focuses on direct patient care activities
McCormack, B., & McCance, T. (Eds.) (2017). Person-centred practice in nursing and health care: Theory and practice (2nd ed.). West Sussex, UK: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. (Available asQUT eBook here)
What you need to do: Based on the topic allocated to your group above, create a YouTube presentation that does not exceed 15 minutes.The structure of your presentation should clearly address the following tasks:
· Define person-centred care using a range of evidence-based literature – as well as creatively in a way that is most meaningful to your group.
· Focused only on the factors relevant to your week’s topic, identify and discuss the key contributors to person-centred nursing. (So The Care Environment)
· Analyse the leadership challenges for enacting these components identified in the real world of practice.
The post Explain leadership theory and critically examine ideas of leadership in relation to the role of the nurse and the nursing profession, including the provision of safe and quality person- centred care. appeared first on nursing term paper.