This is a long four part team development plan. I do need each part to be kept in to separate parts. The first part I need by this sunday (May 21, 2018) the rest of it I don’t need for a week or so if that helps any.
Team Development Plan: Session Two
For this assignment, develop an exercise based on either Team Learning and Systems Thinking, and write your plan for the team development session.
Include the following information in this assignment:
- Describe the intended purpose for session two of team development.
- Define change management and explain the two disciplines, Team Learning and Systems Thinking.
- Explain the learning discipline you have selected, why you have selected it, and why it is important.
- Explain the group exercise you have selected, and how you will use the team development material.
- Describe the organization you have selected for your project. Also, specifically identify the sector of the organization:
- Business or industry.
- Outline the schedule for your team development session two. Include the names and titles of the organization team members participating in the sessions, and the scheduled meeting dates and times. If you have not been able to solidify any part of your schedule, please give a report on your progress.
Analysis of Ground Rules
- Think of a time that you were on a team that was not only effective but was a pleasure in which to participate. Write a description of this team and its tasks, paying particular attention to the behavioral expectations for which the team members held each other accountable these might be spoken or unspoken. List these ground rules and describe how the rules helped the team perform and work well together.
- Next, think of a time you were on a team that was not effective and was a frustrating experience. Write a description of this team and its tasks, including the spoken or unspoken ground rules that describe the expectations for behavior on this team. Examine the possibility that some members held ground rules that others did not. How was this a source of tension? Analyze how this difference in what is expected of team members caused conflict and damaged performance. What effect could discussion of ground rules as a method of team learning have had for this group?
Team Development Summary: Session Two
- Write a summary of your second session of team development by answering the following questions.
- What exercise did you choose in order to experience your chosen discipline?
- Why did you choose this exercise?
- How did it go?
- What worked or did not work?
- What would you do differently next time?
- What did you learn about facilitation, and planned and unplanned journeys?
- What did you learn about your chosen discipline and its potential for helping a group examine itself, choose a new direction, and commit to that direction?
- Optional: Include two or three questions you have about this assignment.
- Create the next draft of your project and begin a draft of your presentation. You will use your completed team development assignments to finish your project. After successfully completing your project you may wish to actually give the paper and presentation to a professional audience in your organization to demonstrate your own development.
You will prepare a paper and a presentation separately, both of which will support each other.
- The purpose of the paper is to provide a coherent, integrated, and well-reasoned explanation of the use of the Five Disciplines for team development.
- The purpose of the presentation is to experience preparing a presentation that graphically communicates the summarized findings of your project.
Your paper and presentation should cover these areas:
- Theory of the Five Disciplines as a method of change.
- Summary findings from the team development sessions.
- Learning as a facilitator from your second session of team development.
- Recommendations for team development in your organization.
- Learning resources that will assist your outside team in learning more about the change management process.
Your paper and presentation should include the following:
- Review of relevant theory of change management and two of the Five Disciplines.
- Consider your audience as you decide how and what to discuss about theory.
- Make judgment calls about the audience’s needs, their setting, and which theory seems appropriate. An important part of the presentation challenge is to provide a powerful metaphor to help the audience understand and remember the relevant theory. The textbook use of causal loops; the ladder of inference; the evolution of dialogue; and telling, selling, testing, and consulting are examples of graphic metaphors. You are expected to invent your own unique metaphor to explain the theory. The definition of metaphor is using a graphic and verbal image of something familiar to explain an unfamiliar thing or process.
- Team development summary findings.
- Present summary findings from the first and second team development sessions using your selected team exercises.
- Use the best stories and quotes from your session experiences to illustrate the disciplines and how they support change.
- Synthesize your learning about team dynamics and the value of the Five Disciplines for team development.
- Illustrate some action statements taken by the teams you worked with and the changes you observed.
- Learning as facilitator from the second team development session.
- Write a section on your learning as a facilitator from team development session two. What worked, what did not work, and what would you do differently next time?
- How would you change your contract, your explanation of change management, the discipline, the exercise, your exercise choice, or your behavior during the team session to enhance the quality of team learning?
- Recommendations for enhancing team development in the future.
- Provide your recommendations in a way that is practical, justified, memorable, and actionable for your team and their larger organization.
- Remember to include some examples from your best quotes and stories.
- Show how your recommendations make a difference in helping the group move closer to its preferred future through more effective teams. This could include some models from your learning about disciplines that support team learning. Your recommendations should also include the potential and power of using the Five Disciplines in the future to support team learning.
- Learning resources.
- To assist your outside team in learning more about the change management process, include a section of books, articles, Web resources, and organizations containing the most important resources you recommend.
- Optional: Include two or three questions you have about this project.
Organization Team Development Analysis Presentation
The purpose of this assignment is to prepare a PowerPoint presentation as a visual supplement to your Organization Team Development Analysis paper that could accompany it as though you were making a presentation to a live audience; and that serves to illustrate and clarify your main points. Potentially your paper and PowerPoint, or an adaptation thereof, could be used in a live presentation in a context outside this course, where a talk on change management principles would be useful.
Complete your final presentation.
- Incorporate feedback from your instructor and your peers into your presentation.
- Create the final version of your presentation to illustrate the key points in your paper. You should include 8-10 slides addressing the topics indicated in the scoring guide.
- PowerPoint length: 8-10 slides.
- Writing: Writing should be well organized and clear, with correct spelling and grammar.