Select a for-profit organization to research. Look at its mission and values statements, and then at its activities to determine what the organization is doing to live those statements. Your research must address the following questions:
- What organization are you investigating?
- What is its mission and values statement? Describe what the organization says about itself.
- What do others say about it?
- Is there congruence between the two? Is the organization living its mission and values?
- THE MOST IMPORTANT PART:What HR activities does the organization engage in that reinforce its mission and values?
You can usually find an organization’s mission and values statement on its web site, in its annual report, or in press releases.
You will have to dig deeper to find what others say about the organization. You may be able to talk to employees and customers, or you may need to do some research online. Check the media. Look for lawsuits from employees, unhappy customers or activist groups. Look for the negative, but don’t forget the positive. Are there testimonials from customers or awards for quality? Is the organization known for family-friendly policies? Is it listed as one of the “best companies to work?” Look at both sides.
Summarize your findings in a 1-2 page paper, and be prepared to discuss your results in class.
Use in-text citations to show where you are applying or discussing content from any outside sources, including websites. End your paper with a References list that gives the full details about the sources. In-text citations and References should be formatted according to APA standards