Intro to Quality Management – assignment
Assume you are a manager for a prestigious hotel chain in your area. Over the past five years, you have noticed a steady change in the type of customers you have seen book rooms at your hotel and you have also seen a change in the number of customers staying at your hotel. You may choose the direction you feel your company has taken (positive or negative) for this project.
Do BOTH items 1 and 2:
- Create a SWOT analysis to determine what the next steps your company should take to in order to move forward successfully. Your SWOT analysis should include a properly formatted SWOT chart (you may use any program or format of your choice) and should include an analysis as to what your findings have been.
- You will also create a focus group for your company. Write an analysis on the participants, questions, and use for the focus group.
It is recommended that you research current hotel chains to determine the methods they have used and what is/is not working for these companies today.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.