13 Hours The Secret Soliders is the movie I have chose
Re-watch your movie then select a 10 minute scene and evaluate the listening techniques of the main characters. Point out the good listening techniques from the book, and assess the effectiveness of the perceived listening. Describe the following:
- What was the topic which was being addressed?
- What level of listening was being used?
- What internal/external barriers to effective listening were observed?
- Hypothesize how these barriers could be overcome.
- If you were to counsel one of the lead characters, what listening goals would you give for him/her? Explain.
- Cite all references correctly using APA.
Assess the culture of the characters in the movie:
- What was the culture of the main characters of the movie?
- How does the main characters culture relate to members of different cultures?
- Was the main characters culture one that he/she was raised with or was it chosen by the character?
- Find three elements concerning culture from your text and apply them to the movie, make sure you cite your source(s) using APA.
Re-watch the movie from your Communication Practicum Project then select three 10 minute scenes (different from the previous week, where you looked at listening) and evaluate one 10 minute scene and focus on the Verbal Messages. Then focus on the second 10 minute scene and focus on the Non-Verbal Messages. Finally, evaluate the third scene and compare and contract Verbal Messages vs. Non-Verbal Messages.
Use the following hints to help you organize your work:
- Briefly describe the scene, the characters and the situation.
- Using quotes from the movie, analyze the language used. Use material from the book to help you break down the use of language.
- Evaluate the body language, or non-verbal communication from the characters. Utilize at least 3 non-verbal elements from the reading.
- Cite each element, and then explain how the non-verbal behavior was either effective or ineffective.
Re-watch the movie from the Communication Practicum Project, then describe and analyze communication in 2 scenes (do not use scenes you have previously evaluated) that best exemplify one or more of the dialectical tensions discussed in this week’s module.
Discuss the relationship between the characters in each scene, emphasizing the interpersonal relationships.Analyze the tension(s), being sure to draw from your text and cite where appropriate.