Comment in 150 words for each scenario
Scenario 1: Types of Culture
Considering the four different types of organizational culture described in Management, answer the following questions:
- Which type of culture most closely describes the culture at your organization (or an organization with which you’re familiar)?
- What are the pros and cons of the culture?
- Do you think you are a fit for your culture?
- What questions would a prospective employee ask to determine if they are a fit for the culture?
- What are your recommendations for improving the culture in your organization?
Scenario 2: Levels of Culture
Considering the culture of your organization (or an organization with which you are familiar), answer the following questions:
- What are the specific components of each level of organizational culture?
- How do employees at your organization learn about the culture?
- If you needed to influence a change in your organization, at which level of the organization should you focus your recourses?
Scenario 3: Organizational Structure
Locate the organizational chart for your company or one for which you would like to work. Compare the chart to the structures defined in the textbook to determine the type of structure your organization most closely resembles. Answer the following questions:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of this structure?
- How does the structure contribute to helping your organization achieve strategic goals?
- What does the chart say about the span of control?
- What are your recommendations for improving your organizational structure?
Kinicki, A., & Williams, B. K. (2016). Management: A practical introduction(7th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw Hill Education.