Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Case Study 3: The Antitrust Case on the AT&T / T-Mobile Merger
Due Week 8 and worth 120 points
Read the case study titled, “Integrative Case 11: The Antitrust Case on the AT&T / T-Mobile Merger,” located on page 456 of your textbook.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Examine the major pros and cons of antitrust regulations based upon factors in this case. Next, argue for or against antitrust policies, and agree or disagree with the antitrust authorities’ decision. Justify your response.
- Assess the strategic fit of the AT&T and T-Mobile merger. Provide a rationale for your response, citing elements of the Resource-based framework.
- Analyze the organizational fit of AT&T and T-Mobile. Predict whether or not the post-merger organization will be a success or a failure. Justify your response.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze factors influencing acquisitions and alliances, the creation and dissolution of alliances, and the challenges involved in acquisitions and alliances.
- Analyze global operating environments, market dynamics, and internal capabilities in order to formulate effective foreign strategies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in global strategy.
- Write clearly and concisely about global strategy using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.