First, view the presentation titled The Literature Review in Research and read the Module 3 background information. Then complete a brief Literature Review related to your selected research question in 2-3 pages (not including the cover sheet and bibliography).
Include the following items:
- Select one of your quantitative research questions developed in Module 2 and use it here in Module 3 to guide your Literature Review.
- Peruse the literature; select 4 or 5 articles that relate to your research question; and read with a purpose to identify gaps in information or ambiguities that help to clarify and justify your research question.
- Based on your review of the literature, discuss the following items in your Case Assignment paper:
- Show why your research question (in original format or revised) needs to be answered (for example, does it address controversies or debates, or fill a gap, found in the literature?).
- Describe the theories that support your research question (for example, are there any theoretical models that need to be tested empirically as suggested by your research question?).
- Identify the best methodology to conduct a study to answer your research question (please explain your response).
- Describe how answering your research question (with completion of prospective study) would add to the research already completed.
Almazan, E. P. (Academic). (2017). An introduction to descriptive & inferential statistics [Video]. London: SAGE Publications Ltd.
Funk, T. (2009). Identification of academic and social expectation anxieties and self-efficacy issues experienced by non-traditional students and examination of their effects on academic success. Ph.D. dissertation. TUI University, CA. August 22, 2013 Retrieved from ProQuest
Johnson, R. B., & Christensen, L. (n/s). Problem Identification and Hypothesis Formation. University of South Alabama. Retrieved August 22, 2013, from http://www.southalabama.edu/coe/bset/johnson/lectu…
Stockburger, D. W. (2006). Statistics. Retrieved August 22, 2013, from Missouri State University website: http://www.psychstat.missouristate.edu/introbook/s…
Wallin, A. M. (2006). Cross-cultural interview studies using interpreters: systematic literature review. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 55(6), pp723-735. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2006.03963.x. Retrieved July 2012 from EBSCO.
David Lane (2011 November). Measures of Variability. Online Statistics: An Interactive Multimedia Course of Study. Retrieved November 2011 from http://onlinestatbook.com/chapter3/variability.htm…
Rice Virtual Lab in Statistics (2006, June). Glossary. Retrieved November 2010 from http://www.davidmlane.com/hyperstat/glossary.html