Threats to Quality Issues
Create a diagram, fishbone, or other visual tool to assess the steps in the process breakdown and identify the root cause of the quality issue you selected (MEDICATION ERRORS ). Analyze the following:
- Is it an event, an issue, or an area of performance improvement?
- What were the various steps that led to the event, issue, or performance improvement?
- Were there possible prevention and recovery steps?
- How would you incorporate root cause analysis (RCA); strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis; or failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) principles in your analysis?
- What are the barriers, if any, to using the tool you chose (diagram, fishbone) in health care organizations?
Research at least two scholarly sources (published within the last five years) that address a similar event, issue, or area of performance improvement and think about the following:
- How did the organizations respond?
- What are the similarities and differences between their approach and yours?
Write a 450- to 625-word summary describing your tool, process of choice, and how it compares to other similar approaches.
Format your summary, including reference page, according to APA guidelines.