Position Paper (Term Paper) Instructions (Due Unit 7): Each student will select a key organization (the student does not have to be an employee of the organization). Military organizations can not be selected as the key organization. Military organizations are difficult to assess in some of the key required areas of the assignment. The student will take a clear position as to whether the organization is successful or not based on an analysis of the following course subject area. The student my include all below topics in paper.
- Competitive Advantage
- Change Management
- Diversity Management
- Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation and Benefits
- Organizational Climate
The successful Position Paper will be a Senior Seminar paper that draws on many past classes and the entire body of course topics. The final paper will consist of the following (minimum requirements):
- Overview of the Organization
- Analysis of each course subject areas (clear definition and explanation of each topic)
- Clear position on organizational effectiveness (for or against) of each topic with supportive analysis
- APA Formatting
- The time frame of the study must include current information
The paper format will be:
- A 8 – 12 page paper (not including the reference and title page)
- Double Spaced
- Formatted in APA style (All course assignments will be in APA style)
- Please include 5 resources.
Source support for the articulation of all key sections, topics, and main points
Papers will not include an abstract
The Position Paper is worth 200 points. The grading criteria for the paper will be based on the Position Paper grading rubric.
Paper topic (organization of study) is due at the end of Unit 2. All topics must be approved.