As this course ends, reflect on the various theories and theorists discussed during the class and in the textbook. Select one theorist whose life work really resonates with you. Conduct additional research on this person, summarize your findings, and address the following:
- A biography of the theorist (2-3 pages): The biography portion of the paper should be relevant to the purpose of the paper.
- A detailed explanation of what you feel are the most important contributions of the theorist’s work
- A critique of the theorist’s theory from yourself, industry professionals, and scholarly journals
- A personal response to the theory: How does this relate to you in your everyday life and to your future career?
This is a formal paper, in APA format, (not a list of responses or bullet points)..
- Write a 3500-4200 word (or 10- to 12-page) paper (excluding the title page, reference list, and appendices).
- Use five or more scholarly articles or books (other than the textbook).
- The paper must reflect the use of course content and critical thinking.
Content CriteriaTotal: 15
10-12 page research paper (excluding the cover sheet and reference page) which contains:
Cover sheet – use the APA cover sheet style
Abstract of the paper – the summary and conclusion of the paper may be used for
this body of the paper
Any material to be placed in an appendix (i.e., tables, maps, etc.)
References – a reference listing using APA format, with the reference material annotated
Must include a cover page that includes:
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Name of paper
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
Must include an abstract.
Must include introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
Must use APA style as outlined in the approved style guide to document all sources.
Must include at least five scholarly articles or books (other than the textbook and website).
Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved style guide.
Writing and Organization CriteriaTotal: 2
Writing style is clear and concise.
Tone is academic and appropriate for the content and assignment.
Thesis statement is clearly articulated.
Structure is logical, including an introduction, body, and conclusion.