Creating a Professional Resumé
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please be sure to complete your initial post for the Initial Call discussion and review the Résumé resources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.provided on the Ashford Career Services website.
For this assignment, you will create a professional résumé from the point of view of the mental health professional involved in the Initial Call discussion scenario. Taking on this role, create a one-page résumé using the resources provided by Ashford Career Services (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
Once you have completed your résumé, review the characteristics of the patient you chose for the Initial Call discussion. Consider how reading the résumé might have impacted the patient’s initial call. Evaluate how the reported symptoms and presenting problems may have been impacted by the content and presentation of your résumé, had the patient read this on your website prior to contacting you. Create this one- to two-paragraph evaluation on a new page in the same document as your résumé. Submit the document with the résumé and evaluation to Waypoint.
The Creating a Professional Résumé assignment
- Must be one to two pages in length (not including title and references pages) and must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Waypoint Assignment Submission
The assignments in this course will be submitted to Waypoint. Please refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
- Click on the Assignment Submission button below. The Waypoint “Student Dashboard” will open in a new browser window.
- Browse for your assignment.
- Click Upload.
- Confirm that your assignment was successfully submitted by viewing the appropriate week’s assignment tab in Waypoint.
For more detailed instructions, refer to the Waypoint Tutorial (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.