After completing the Career Skills Inventory it was noted that i am strongest in brainstorming, coaching, collaborating, coordinating and meeting deadlines.
After completing the Work Values Card Sort, my top five values were ability utilization, public contact, recognition, responsibility and supervision.
For this assignment, you will reflect on the Work Values Card Sort and Career Skills Inventory exercises that you completed in the Unit 6 studies, articulate your professional goals and career plans, and write an action plan for implementing those goals and plans.
Write a 5–6-page paper in which you complete the following:
· Create a title page: Give your paper a title that reflects the purpose of your work. Use the APA Paper Template to format your paper according to the APA manual (sixth edition).
· Write an introduction: For the introduction section of your paper, include the title at the top of the first page, and begin your introduction two spaces beneath your title. (In APA format, the word Introduction is not used as a heading.) Briefly summarize the key components of your paper.
· Create a heading titled Assessment and Inventory Results: Summarize the results of the required self-assessment and self-inventory exercises. Use critical thinking and your knowledge of psychological theories and concepts to analyze the meaning and significance of the results. This summary can help guide your career direction.
· Create a heading titled Goals and Career Plans:
. Describe your professional philosophy, including your goals and career plans.
. Describe how your professional goals and career choices align with your values and life interests.
. Explain how your values relate to professional behaviors and practices.
· Create a heading titled Motivation: Analyze how psychological principles can be used to motivate you to overcome obstacles to reach your professional goals.
· Create a heading titled Action Plan: Develop a SMART action plan for implementing your career goals. This will serve as a road map to help you take concrete steps to fulfill your goals. For example, describe the steps you are planning to take to apply for a job or apply to graduate school. Discuss realistic ideas about how to implement psychological knowledge and skills in occupational pursuits that meet personal and professional goals. You may wish to review the document SMART Action Plan given in the resources, conduct an Internet search to learn what should be included in an action plan, and/or refer to the Capella Career Center resources in this unit’s studies.
· Create a heading titled Conclusion: Briefly summarize the key points of your paper and make a statement about your future career aspirations.
Keep in mind throughout this assignment that while your writing must conform to APA standards, you must explain all information in a manner that can be easily understood by a nonacademic or nonscientific audience.
Refer to the Individual Career Plan Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment.
Submit your assignment to the Turnitin before you submit it for grading.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA format: Comply with current APA style and formatting.
· Number of resources: A minimum of three academic resources.
· Length of paper: 5–6 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding cover page and references.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
· Turnitin: You are required to submit your assignment to the Turnitin source matching tool. It is very important that you always submit your work as a draft, so you can make revisions before submitting it to the Turnitin assignment link.
Take the time to consider what you have studied and accomplished throughout the psychology program. Reflect on the major areas of psychology and the course competencies you reviewed in this course. Create a post that addresses the following reflective questions about the areas of psychology covered in the program:
· Review the course competencies. How has your work in this course enhanced your level of skill in mastering these competencies?
· Reflect on and discuss how the competencies you have mastered will be valuable in your career.
· Discuss how the career you are interested in pursuing has the potential to impact society for the better.
· Describe your overall Capella experience as a Capella graduate.