Foundational Neuroscience Essay Assignment Paper
As a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, it is essential for you to have a strong background in foundational neuroscience. In order to diagnose and treat clients, you must not only understand the pathophysiology of psychiatric disorders, but also how medications for these disorders impact the central nervous system.
ORDER A CUSTOM-WRITTEN PAPER NOW
In this discussion, you will; analyze the agonist-to-antagonist spectrum of action of psychopharmacologic agents; Compare the actions of g couple proteins to ion gated channels; Analyze the role of epigenetics in pharmacologic action; Analyze the impact of foundational neuroscience on the prescription of medications
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on concepts of foundational neuroscience.
PLEASE Addressed each of the following numbers with a subtopic, all the references used must have an in-text citation in each paragraph. All Articles used should come from USA and must be within last five years only that is from 2014 to 2018. Please do not begin a paragraph with author name(s) (PLEASE USE parenthetical/in-text citations). Foundational Neuroscience Essay Assignment Paper.
- Explain the agonist-to-antagonist spectrum of action of psychopharmacologic agents.
- Compare and contrast the actions of g couple proteins and ion gated channels.
- Explain the role of epigenetics in pharmacologic action.
- Explain how this information may impact the way you prescribe medications to clients. Include a specific example of a situation or case with a client in which the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner must be aware of the medication’s action.
Stahl, S. M. (2013). Stahl’s essential psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific basis and practical applications (4th ed.). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press *Preface, pp. ix–x. Foundational Neuroscience Essay Assignment Paper.
Note: To access the following chapters, click on the Essential Psychopharmacology, 4th ed tab on the Stahl Online website and select the appropriate chapter. Be sure to read all sections on the left navigation bar for each chapter.
- Chapter 1, “Chemical Neurotransmission”
- Chapter 2, “Transporters, Receptors, and Enzymes as Targets of Psychopharmacologic Drug Action”
- Chapter 3, “Ion Channels as Targets of Psychopharmacologic Drug Action” Foundational Neuroscience Essay Assignment Paper